Wednesday, May 18, 2011

At the starting line!

Finals are over and now it is on to summer work, actually I will be headed on a 3 week trip to Germany for a conference and travel, but the time may lead me to start looking more into this project.

After talking with a Rabbi, who was a mentor for me in undergrad, he gave me a good starting point to think about.  The passages of the Hagadah, that are expected to be said are 1500 years old.  Writing this book, would be impossible without the mention of God, or reference to prayers.  I am considering leaving prayers in there, but with translations and explanations.  These are a part of the holiday in someway, and picking and choosing will be difficult.

The next step will involve reading an old Hagadah to see what was thought to be of the utmost important.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending folks your way Jonny! Thanks for being awesome oh Versatile Blogger!

    ReplyDelete